|The factory, based at Belleek, County Fermanagh, Ireland was founded in 1857. For more than 100 years the factory has been famous for its delicately modelled Parian wares and its irredescent glass. Since the beginning, Belleek wares have been recognised by the quality of the modelling and by the dramatic use of clear, shining glazes, The great majority of Belleek products carry a clear printed mark featuring a seated Irish wolfhound looking backwards over its left shoulder, a round tower and an Irish harp above the factory name.|
The words 'Co. Fermanagh Ireland' did not appear until 1891 and were replaced by just the county name in 1965. In 1926, a circle was added beneath the banner, containing the Gaelic legend 'Deanta in Eirinn' (Made in Ireland). A capital R in a circle was added to the trade mark in 1955; this was placed to the right of the harp until 1965, and has been above ever since. The mark was coloured black until 1946, was green from 1946 to 1981 and has been in gold since then.